- Open food and drink are not allowed in the public areas.
- Silence cell phones and other electronic devices.
- Do not block doorways, stairwells, or corridors or sit on stairs or floors. Please do not slide down handrails or climb in any areas of the building.
- Photography is allowed, however flash photography is prohibited in various areas as posted.
- Razors and box cutters
- Bags larger than 25"W x 15"H
- Open food and drink
- The use of photographic equipment, including tripods and selfie sticks
How to get there
The best way to get to the Library of Congress is through public transportation. The library is closest to the Capitol South metro station (Blue/Orange/Silver Line—a two block walk) and the Union Metro Station (Red Line—a half-mile walk).
Parking is limited to two-hour zoned parking spots in surrounding neighborhoods. The nearest parking garage is at the Union Station.
Need more options? Find more ways to get around on our transportation page.