Please respect the animals and visitors at the Zoo by abiding by the following guidelines
- Do NOT attempt to pet, feed, handle or trap any exhibit animals
- No visitor shall go over, under, between or cross any guardrail, fence, moat, wall or other safety barrier. Visitors should not sit on, stand on or hold children over such barriers either.
- No visitor shall throw or toss rocks, trash or other articles into exhibit areas.
- Pets are not allowed inside the National Zoo
- Personal use photography is encouraged, but commercial photography inside of the Zoo is strictly prohibited.
- No smoking, solicitation, or eating inside of buildings
- Recycling trash is encouraged and greatly encouraged
- Loud music
- Selfie sticks and photographic extension poles
How to get There
There are several entrances to the Zoo that all are pedestrian and vehicle-friendly. The main entrance is located at 3000 Connecticut Ave. NW. Additionally, the Zoo can be accessed by the Harvard Street Bridge and by Beach Drive. Entrances
will vary depending on the form of transportation taken to the zoo. For more detailed directions to the Zoo, go to the National Zoo's Parking & Directions page.